Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Q&A with Diane Sanfilippo, author of Practical Paleo

 
The book is very thorough and comprehensive, how long did it end up taking to complete?
 
The hands-on work of the book took me about 8 months, but the time researching and developing the ideas and content took several years leading up to that hands-on time.

Have you received a lot of thanks from people who achieved positive results?
 
I've received countless emails, over 1200 Amazon reviews, and comments daily on my FaceBook and other social media outlets about positive results. I've heard of everything from massive weight loss, to putting deeply painful symptoms of MS into remission. It's been astounding.

What was the most rewarding part of writing this book?
 
Meeting readers and fans in person at signing and seminar events has been truly astounding. I get goose bumps every time someone tells me their story of healing, and how my book or my work has helped them in their journey, especially when the advice or prescriptions from their multiple doctors were failing. Just this past weekend I met a woman who was almost in tears when she met me, simply because she felt that my work saved her life. There is absolutely no better reason to do this work than to help even just one other person in that way.

Have some athletes noted successful results from adhering to advice from the book?
 
Absolutely. The coaches at my own gym are all high-level athletes and have taken a lot from the meal plan I've outlined in the book and have seen gains in their achievements over the past year and a half. Additionally, one blogger in particular named Janelle Pica (of www.primalburgher.com) followed my 30-Day Meal Plan for Athletic Performance and realized pretty quickly that she had been under eating to support her training goals. Her experience was eye-opening and it didn't even require following the outlined 30 days of meals to the letter. As I note throughout the book, it's all about customizing the approach you take to what will suit your own needs and support your goals.

What new projects are you working on?
 
Oh, so many! I just released my "Healthy Holiday Recipes" eBook that is a free resource for anyone interested and is available on my website (http://balbit.es/healthyholidayebook). Up next will be the release of "The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook," the companion to the first 21DSD book, and then the Beyond Sugar Detox program, which will enhance the amount of resources available to those on the 21DSD program as well as support them far beyond their 21 days. After that, there's a lot more on-deck, but you'll have to stay tuned on social media and on my website to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment