Tuesday, October 19, 2010

5 Questions with Palmiro Campagna, author of The UFO Files

 


What was the most interesting part about writing this book?

I started writing this book as an offshoot to my first on the history of the Avro Arrow.  The same company building the Arrow, AV Roe Canada, was building a saucer for the US Army and Air Force.  That said, I have had an interest in UFOs since about 1966 when I read Frank Edward's book Flying Saucers Serious Business.  I was quite intrigued.  As I uncovered files in the Natinal Archives of Canada on the UFO subject, I decided to put together a book using these records as the facts contained therein seemed a bit different in respect of some cases.  My aim was to provide as much factual nformation as based on archival records, as possibe.

What are some of the main misconceptions people have about UFOs?

I am not sure about the word misconception.  UFOS are attributed as being extraterrestrial when in fact there are many possible explanations.  The key word is possible as there is always enough information missing so as not to be able to make a positive evaluation ne way or the other.  Are they natural phenomena, extradimensional, extrterrestrial etc.  In other cases, I hate to say it but aircraft are mistaken by observers especially under unuaual circumstances.  I do not discuss alien abduction as that is well outside my realm.
 
Is there a message or idea you'd like to most get across to your readers of this book?

My message is twofold.  Hard sceptics must keep an open mind as it is the way to find out what is really going on.  I have run in to many who are completely dismissive of the subject and will not even entertain possibilities.  On the othe hand, believers need to be more sceptical and challenging of given incidents.  Not to be cliche but the Truth is out there and needs to be uncovered.

What's the most fascinating UFO story you've ever encountered?

The one I like is Falconbridge circa 1975 I believe.  This one involved radar tracking and visual contact by numerous eyewitnesses including military and police, from many different vantage points.  this is a key to the better sighings, multiple sources especially when they include instrumentation like radar.


What new books do you have coming up on the horizon?

At the moment I haven't any but interested readers should check out my boks on the Avro Arrow.  There are two, Storms of Controversy:The Secret Avro Arrow Files Revealed and Requiem for a Giant: A.V. Roe Canaa and the Avro Arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment